Start a conversation

I used to work under the Employees Retirement System. What does that do for my TRS account?

Service credited under the Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) can be transferred to TRS. Likewise, eligible members of ERS may transfer their TRS-credited service credit to ERS. Under both situations, you must have three years of creditable service with the receiving system. The transfer of service that has been actively maintained or reinstated takes place under the rules of the system to which the credit is transferred. Such transfer may only take place when the member retires or at the time that a preretirement death benefit becomes payable. Interested individuals should contact TRS for more information.

Choose files or drag and drop files
Was this article helpful?
  1. Martha Hinojosa

  2. Posted
  3. Updated