Start a conversation

Can I buy additional service credit in TRS?

You can purchase previously unreported TRS-eligible service, substitute service, out-of-state service, military service, developmental leave and previously withdrawn service to increase your creditable years of service. In some cases, purchases may be made with money rolled over directly from another qualified retirement account, such as your UTSaver Tax Sheltered Annuity or UTSaver Deferred Compensation Plan. Please contact TRS for more information regarding types of special service purchases, cost and payment options.

Choose files or drag and drop files
Was this article helpful?
  1. Martha Hinojosa

  2. Posted
  3. Updated